Computer, Internet & Webmasters Zone...
Don't Forget to visit our Website at : www.CyberNinja.110mb.Com
Don't Forget to visit our Website at : www.CyberNinja.110mb.Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Forum With All The Useful Tips And Tricks and Guidance Regarding computer and internet security , Webmasters, software and sites review , webdesigning , html , css , javscripts etc.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is Greasemonkey ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dr.monasareen

dr.monasareen

Blades : 9847

What is Greasemonkey ? Empty
PostSubject: What is Greasemonkey ?   What is Greasemonkey ? I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Nov 2010 - 8:51

I heard and read about greasemonkey firefox software which can be used for hacking etc, i dont want to learn hacking but sometimes i see greasemonkey software being installed on firefox browsers in cyber cafe's. I then become uncomfortable using that system as i think my passwords are gonna be hacked now..

Is this true??

Please try to tell the basics as i am not much into computers.

thank you

dr. mona sareen
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Blades : 11856

PostSubject: Grease monker a firefox extension.....   What is Greasemonkey ? I_icon_minitimeWed 8 Dec 2010 - 15:07

First of all don't PANIC..

And about GreaseMonkey then its not a software but,

Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension that allows you to write scripts that alter the web pages you visit. You can use it to make a website more readable or more usable. You can fix bugs that the site owner can't be bothered to fix themselves. You can alter pages so they work better with assistive technologies that speak to a web page aloud or convert it to Braille. You can even automatically retrieve data from other sites to make two sites more interconnected.

By itself, Greasemonkey does none of these things. In fact, after you install it, you won't notice any change at all, until you start installing what are called "user scripts." A user script is just a chunk of JavaScript, the same scripting language you use on your own website. But user scripts don't run on your own website; they can run on any website, and they can do anything JavaScript can do. In fact, they can do more than that, because Greasemonkey provides special API functions that give user scripts even more power than traditional JavaScript.

Greasemonkey has existed for less than a year, and hundreds of people have already written thousands of Greasemonkey scripts to scratch their own personal itches. Web enthusiasts with zero JavaScript experience have written scripts to route around broken websites, alter site styles, and "roll back" ill-conceived site redesigns. More experienced coders have created link trackers, password managers, and personal shopping agents. Some have even added entirely new features to complex web applications--without ever needing to talk to the application developers or wait for bureaucratic approval.

Clearly, there were a lot of itches waiting to be scratched.

Hope you must have got the idea...

Thanks for using our forum...

CyberNinja
(Administrator)

Back to top Go down
http://www.cyberninja.110mb.com
banarasi.babu

banarasi.babu

Blades : 9886

PostSubject: Same problem solved   What is Greasemonkey ? I_icon_minitimeThu 9 Dec 2010 - 12:29

I also dint knew about this Greasemonkey thingy...Now i know this stuff..

Also will use it in future.. Smile Smile

Thanks a lot,

Nice post..

Banarsi Babu
Back to top Go down
karolina_bewinci

karolina_bewinci

Blades : 11723

PostSubject: I Doubt that...   What is Greasemonkey ? I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010 - 8:05

I have read a lot about the power of greasemonkey though not sure about keylogging but i know they can be used for manupulating websites in a huge, i mean really huge way.....

Need explaination on this...

Karol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is Greasemonkey ?   What is Greasemonkey ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is Greasemonkey ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Computer, Internet & Webmasters Zone... :: Internet Related Issues !! :: Free Web Services Reviews.-
Jump to: